A legal consultant withExperience and Expertise
In his lengthy career as a trial lawyer, Peter has earned more than 60 multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements in personal injury, product defect and wrongful death cases. He was inducted into the Inner Circle of Advocates in 1985. This is an elite organization limited to the top 100 trial lawyers in this country. The Kentucky Justice Association’s highest honor, “The Peter Perlman Outstanding Trial Lawyer,” has been presented each year since 1994.
Throughout his career, Peter has maintained a close relationship with his alma mater, the University of Kentucky. He was an Adjunct Professor in the law school for 25 years, and has been inducted into the Hall of Fame and U.K’s Hall of Distinguished Alumni. In 1999, Peter created an Endowment Fund. This has provided annual scholarships to students who have shown, “a concern for providing equal justice under the law.”
Complications from an eye injury, have led to some changes in Peter’s practice. He now serves as a consultant on a limited case-by-case basis.
Over the years, Peter has given numerous talks to civic and legal groups and continues to do so. In his trials, Peter stressed the power of America’s juries, and the difference jurors make through their collective verdicts. His current presentations emphasize these themes.
Awards & Honors
- Trial Lawyers “Hall of Fame” (Inducted 2017)
- University of Kentucky “Hall of Distinguished Alumni” (2015)
- American Association for Justice – “Leonard M. Ring Champion of Justice” (2012)
- Kentucky Justice Association – “Charles M. Leibson Lifetime Achievement Award” (2013)
- Civil Justice Foundation – “Champion of Justice” (2011)
- Fayette County (KY) Bar Association – “Henry T. Duncan Lifetime Achievement Award” (2010)
- American Association for Justice – Former President
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice – Former President
- National Litigation Counsel – Former President
- Civil Justice Foundation – Former President
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association – “Tommy Malone Great American Eagle Award”; “War Horse Award”; “Mickey Smiley Lighthouse Award”
Inducted in 2017